Closed suction systems for neonates and pediatrics 24h – TURBO CLEANING
Closed circuit suction systems. Closed suction systems for neonates and pediatrics 24h.
Leader in closed suctioning for more than 30 years,
-BALLARD* Standard Closed Suction Systems are a powerful tool in your fight against VAEs. They are designed to remove secretions from the airway while maintaining ventilation and oxygen therapy throughout the suctioning procedure.
-Closed-suction systems reduce the potential risk for the spread of infection and contamination entering the airway and protects the caregiver from cross-contamination.
-The BALLARD* Turbo-Cleaning Closed Suction System retracts with a unique and isolated turbulent cleaning chamber, making it the only catheter proven to reduce bacterial load on the catheter tip by 89% in a 72-hour period. The presence of such a valve should be considered essential in preserving lung volumes and uninterrupted ventilation in mechanically ventilated patients.
Manipulation of the ventilator circuit can increase cross-contamination – a leading cause of VAP.
To help protect patients, a closed ventilator circuit is recognized as a best practice in the prevention of VAP to maintain ventilation and oxygen therapy throughout suctioning, preventing approximately 50% of the lung volume fall observed when suctioning after disconnection from the ventilator. Closed suctioning is a best practice that protects patients and caregivers.
- Reduces the risk for contamination from outside pathogens
- Reduces colonization within the circuit
- Designed to protect caregivers from exposure to body fluids
- Sealed by our patented “PEEP seal” technology, the suction and saline produce turbulent cleansing action, for a cleaner catheter tip
- One-way lavage port, designed to prevent “sprayback”
- Turbulent cleaning chamber creates cleansing action, resulting in a cleaner catheter
- Hinged valve isolates catheter tip and helps prevent inadvertent lavage
- Integrated MDI port (optional)